Serving Vallejo, Solano, Napa, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
The McConnell Law Office has proven experience in handling Bankruptcy, Probate Administration, Wills, Unlawful Detainer, Power of Attorney and related matters. Our office does the best to support the client's individual needs as well as their legal needs. In addition to stellar legal counseling we also offer:
- Flexible appointment times - Working people need to schedule appointments with as little as possible impact to their jobs. Mr. McConnell has many evening and some weekend appointments available. Lunchtime appointments are also an option. After the first personal meeting, further communication may be conducted by email.
- Personalized service - Mr. McConnell spends significant one on one time with you. You will have access to the attorney throughout your process. When clients call with questions Mr. McConnell is able to respond in a timely manner.
- Courteous & professional office staff - For most people going to an attorney is not an everyday occurrence. The staff will do the best to make sure you are comfortable. Your paperwork and follow up questions will be handled carefully and quickly. We welcome opportunities to answer your questions, so you may understand the legal processes. This allows us to provide you with the best service possible.
- Low stress atmosphere - The law office is situated in a charming1920s Craftsman style cottage. You can discuss your matters in a relaxed, warm environment. On chilly days you may even get a chance to sit by the fireplace.
- Free parking - There is plenty of street parking in front of the office and around the corner. No meters to feed!
- House calls for the elderly or infirm - On the occasions when a will or power of attorney must be taken care of immediately and the individual cannot travel, Mr. McConnell may be available to go to the home, nursing home or hospital. Travel fees will apply.
- Payment options are available - For select Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, Mr. McConnell may set up payment plans. (Payment must be complete before the case may be filed).
- Convenient Vallejo location - The office is close to downtown Vallejo and has easy access to Interstate 80.
Is Bankruptcy The Right Thing To Do?
As life unfolds, unforeseen circumstances such as medical expenses, job loss, or other financial crises may put people into situations where they are unable to pay their bills. Creditors may harass you or file lawsuits against you. Creditors may call you relentlessly. Bankruptcy law is designed to provide relief, protect you and help you get a fresh start. Petitions for bankruptcy are filed with the notation of” Relief Ordered.” Relief is normally what occurs when a filing is done carefully and properly.
Other options may be available to help manage your debt. Credit counseling agencies offer services such as Debt Management Plans, which could help you solve your financial problems. However if you cannot create a workable budget and stick to it, or if the bills keep mounting, or if you need more than lower interest rates on credit card debt, then it makes no sense to contact a credit counseling agency. Bankruptcy may be the better choice. In your consultation at the McConnell Law office, your financial situation will be carefully reviewed and discussed with you. Mr. McConnell will advise you as to what is your best option. Your best option may or may not be bankruptcy.